Pocono Mountains United Way will prepare taxes by appointment beginning February 14, 2024 at Middle Smithfield Township Community Center. They provide free basic income tax return preparation for qualified low-to-moderate income and elderly taxpayers. Their volunteer preparers are experienced and fully trained to provide high quality service and uphold the highest ethical standards.
Appointments will be accepted starting on January 8th:
Call 211 or 855-567-5341
Or visit the online appointment site.
What to bring:
- Social Security card and S.S. Cards for all Dependents in the tax filing
- Photo IDs for Self and Spouse if filing jointly – Driver’s License, State Photo ID, or Passport
- Last year’s tax returns
- W-2 forms for all jobs held
- All 1099 forms, SSA 1099
- Voided Check
- Anything that says “This is important for your taxes” or “Tax document”
- Forms 1098-T for anyone on your tax return who is in a post-secondary college
- Receipts for donations to charitable organizations
- Detailed childcare expenses and tax ID number of provider(s)
- Form 1095 A if you received one
- Mortgage interest statement and property tax receipts
Both Taxpayer and Spouse must come to the appointment if filing a joint return.