September 21, 2022 –
The Waste Authority is holding a household hazardous waste event on Wednesday September 21. Please follow this page to their event registration form.
Middle Smithfield Township is not involved in the event has has no information beyond what is below. Middle Smithfield Township does not accept hazardous waste. Please see below or contact the Waste Authority at 570-643-6100 for more information or any questions.
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
2:00PM - 6:00PM
Military Road Recycling Site
1114 Military Road
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- This event is partially funded by grants from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
- This is a residential program for Monroe County residents ONLY. We can only accept items from your household that have been used for household purposes. Businesses are NOT eligible and must contact a hazardous waste hauler for proper disposal.
- You are only allowed to drop off items that you paid for online. No cash or any other payment system will be available at the collection site. ANYTHING NOT PRE-PAID FOR WILL RETURN HOME WITH YOU.
- You must arrive within 15 minutes of your registered appointment window or you will be turned away.
- Please bring your printed confirmation receipt email or have it available on your mobile device. We will be checking in every car.
- If you are suddenly unable to make it to the event and did not cancel, please call our office. We will help issue a refund. This may take up to 30 days and there is a $20 no show fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- If you are looking to dispose of a hazardous waste item that is not on this list, please call our office and we will do our best to work out a solution.
- We will NOT accept containers larger than 5 gallons, bags larger than 40 pounds, latex paints, explosives, or infectious/medical waste. Recyclables, electronics, tires, lightbulbs, and scrap metal will NOT be accepted during the event.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office in Blakeslee at 570-643-6100.