Zoning & Zoning Permits
Please contact the Township directly for the Zoning Map. To view the general code, please click here. Update for July 4, 2014: Please click here for the Local Municipality Permit for Discharging Fireworks Displays
Click here to view the current ZONING Map of Middle Smithfield Township
Zoning Permit Information
For your convenience a link has been provided to the Zoning Permit Application. If you should have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the township office at570-223-8920
Tips for choosing a Reputable Contractor The following guide was taken in part from “Looking for a Builder”? “Pick the Right One” by the Attorney General’s office.
- Ask for references. Talk with others who have had work done by the contractor about their capabilities and quality of workmanship.
- Ask to see the contractor’s work. Check for yourself the quality of work.
- Ask for an insurance certificate to verify current workers’ compensation and general liability insurance. Contractor without employees are not required to carry workers compensation insurance.
- Make sure the contractor has a permanent business location and a good reputation with local banks and suppliers.
- Be specific about starting and completion dates.
- Beware of an unusually low bid or low advertised price. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.